Sunday, 1 September 2013

1970 USA Hit Parade


JANUARY  10,  1970

1.  Raindrops keep fallin' on my head  -  B.J. Thomas
2.  I want you back  -  The Jackson 5
3.  I'll never fall in love again  -  Dionne Warwick 
4.  Without your love (There is nothing)  -  Tom Jones
5.  Blowing away  -  The 5th Dimension 

6.  La la la (If I had you)  -  Bobby Sherman
7.  Early in the morning  -  Vanity Fare
8.  Hey there lonely girl  -  Eddie Holman 
9.  Baby take me in your arms  -  Jefferson  
10.  Don't cry daddy / Rubberneckin'  -  Elvis Presley  


Sly Stone
FEBRUARY  14,  1970

1.  Thank you (Falettin me be mice elf agin)  -  Sly & the Family Stone  
2.  Venus  -  Shocking Blue
3.  No time  -  The Guess Who
4.  Evil ways  -  Santana
5.  Psychedelic shack  -  The Temptations 

6.  Arizona  -  Mark Lindsay
7.  Give me just a little more time  -  The Chairmen of the Board
8.  Walking in the rain  -  Jay & the Americans 
9.  Jingle Jangle  -  The Archies
10. The thrill is gone  -  B.B. King    


M A R C H   7,  1970

1.  Bridge over troubled water  -  Simon & Garfunkel
2.  Who'll stop the rain  -  Credence Clearwater Revival
3.  Rainy night in Georgia  -  Brook Benton
4.  Instant Karma (We all shine on) -  John Lennon  
5.  Love grows where my Rosemary goes  -  Edison Lighthouse

6.  Ma belle amie  -  The Tee Set
7.  He ain't heavy, he's my brother  -  The Hollies
8. The rapper  -  The Jaggerz 
9.  Evil ways  -  Santana
10. Didn't I (Blow your mind this time?)  -  The Delfonics


A P R I L   11,  1970

1.  Let it be  -  The Beatles
2.  Spirit in the sky  -  Norman Greenbaum
3.  Come and get  -  Badfinger 
4.  Easy come, easy go  -  Bobby Sherman 
5.  Up the ladder to the roof  -  The Supremes

6.  Woodstock  -  Crosby, Still & Nash
7.  The bells  -  The originals  
8.  For the love of him  -  Bobbi Martin 
9.  You're the one, Part II  -  Little Sister 
10. House of the rising sun  -  Frijid Pink  


M A Y  9,  1970

1.  American woman  -  The Guess Who
2.  ABC  -  The Jackson 5
3.  Vehicle  -  The Ides of March
4.  Cecilia  -  Simon & Garfunkel 
5.  Reflections of my life  -  The Marmelade
   
6.  Turn back the hands of time  -  Tyrone Davis
7.  Love on a two-way street  -  The Moments 
8.  Love or let me be lonely  -  The Friends of Distinction
9.  Make me smile  -  Chicago 
10. Something's burning  -  Kenny Rogers & the First Edition 


J U N E  13,  1970

1.  The long and winding road  -  The Beatles
2.  Which way you're goin' Billy?  -  The Poppy Family
3.  Everything is beautiful  -  Ray Stevens
4.  Up around the bend  -  Credence Clearwater Revival
5.  Get ready  -  Rare Earth 

6.  The letter  -  Joe Cocker 
7.  Lay down (Candles in the rain)  -  Melanie with the Edwin Hawkins' Singers
8.  Hitchin' a ride  -  Vanity Fare 
9.  United we stand  -  The Brotherhood of Man    
10. Baby hold on  -  The Grass Roots

J U L Y   11,  1970

1.  Mama told me not to come  -  Three Dog Night
2.  The love you save  -  The Jackson 5  
3.  Ball of confusion  -  The Temptations
4.  Ride captain ride  -  Blues Image 
5.  The wonder of you  -  Elvis Presley

6.  Are you ready?  -  Pacific Gas & Electric  
7.  Teach your children  -  Crosby, Still & Nash 
8.  My baby loves lovin'  -  White Plains   
9.  Gimme dat ding  -  The Pipkins 
10. O-o-h child  -  The Five Stairstep

AUGUST  1,  1970

1.  (They long to be) Close to you  -  Carpenters
2.  Signed, sealed, I'm yours  -  Stevie Wonder
3.  War  -  Edwin Starr
4.  Band of gold   Freda Payne 
5.  Spill the wine  -  Eric Burdon & the Animals

6.  I know I'm losing you  -  Rare Earth 
7.  Patches  -  Clarence Carter 
8.  Tighter, tighter  -  Alive & Kicking
9.  (If you let me make love to you then) Why can't I touch you?  -  Ronnie Dyson
10. I just can't help believing  -  B.J. Thomas  


SEPTEMBER  5,  1970

1.  Make it with you  -  Bread 
2.  In the summertime  -  Mungo Jerry
3.  Don't play that song  -  Aretha Franklin 
4.  25 or 6 to 4  -  Chicago
5.  El condor pasa  -  Simon & Garfunkel

6.  Somebody's been sleeping in my bed  -  100 Proof (Aged in Soul)  
7.  Express yourself  -  Charles Wright & the 103rd Street Rhythm Band 
8.  I (Who have nothing)  -  Tom Jones  
9.  Look what they've done to my song, ma  -  Melanie 
10. Get up (I feel like beina a sex machine)  -  James Brown

OCTOBER  3,  1970

1.  Ain't no mountain high enough  -  Diana Ross
2.  Lookin' out my back door / Long as I can see the light  -  Credence Clearwater Revival
3.  Candida  -  Dawn
4.  Cracklin' Rose  -  Neil Diamond 
5.  Julie, do ya love me?  -  Bobby Sherman

6.  Lola  -  The Kinks 
7.  Green-eyed lady  -  Sugarloaf
8.  All right now  -  Free
9.  Snow bird  -  Anne Murray
10. Only love can break your heart  -  Neil Young 


NOVEMBER  7,  1970

1.  I'll be there  -  The Jackson 5
2.  We've only just begun  -  Carpenters 
3.  Fire and rain  -  James Taylor 
4.  Gypsy woman  -  Brian Hylland 
5.  Indiana wants me  -  R. Dean

6.  Super bad  -  James Brown 
7.  It don't matter to me  -  Bread
8.  Our house  -  Crosby, Stills & Nash
9.  Ruby Tuesday  -  Melanie
10. See me, feel me  -  The Who  


DECEMBER  5,  1970

1.  I think I love you  -  The Partridge Family
2.  The tears of a clown  -  Smokey Robinson
3.  One less bell to answer  -  The 5th Dimension 
4.  No matter what  -  Badfinger
5.  Black magic woman  -  Santana 

6.  Share the land  -  Guess Who
7.  Heaven help us all  -  Stevie Wonder 
8.  Stoned love  -  The Supremes
9.  Montego Bay  -  Bobby Bloom 
10. You don't have to say you love me  -  Elvis Presley 




The teen-set was really strong in 1970. 

No comments:

Post a Comment