Sunday 1 September 2013

1980 USA Hit Parade

Listen to all 1980 hits on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nijn8XFf8i0

JANUARY  5,  1980

1.  Rock with you  -  Michael Jackson
2.  Sara  -  Fleetwood Mac
3.  We don't talk anymore  -  Cliff Richard
4.  Coward of the country  -  Kenny Rogers
5.  The long run  -  Eagles

6.  Better love next time  -  Dr. Hook
7.  Don't let go  -  Isaac Hayes
8.  Don't do me like that  -  Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
9.  Do you love what you feel?  -  Rufus & Chaka Khan
10. I wanna be your lover  -  Prince
FEBRUARY  9,  1980

1.  Do that to me one more time  -  The Captain & Tennille
2.  On the radio  -  Donna Summer
3.  Yes, I'm ready  -  Teri DeSario with K.C.
4.  Too hot  -  Kool & the Gang
5.  And the beat goes on  -  The Whispers

6.  The second time around  -  Shalamar
7.  Deja jù  -  Dionne Warwick
8.  Take the long way home  -  Supertramp
9.  Head games  -  Foreigner
10. Too late  -  Journey
M A R C H  8,  1980

1.  Crazy little thing called love  -  Queen
2.  Longer  -  Dan Fogelberg
3.  Him  -  Rupert Holmes
4.  Daydream believer  -  Anne Murray
5.  Off the wall  -  Michael Jackson

6.  This is it  -  Kenny Loggins
7.  Desire  -  Andy Gibb
8.  How do I make you?  -  Linda Ronstadt
9.  I pledge my love  -  Peaches & Herb
10. Romeo's tune  -  Steve Forgert
A P R I L  12.  1980

1.  Another brick in the wall  -  Pink Floyd
2.  Working my way back to you / Forgive me, girl  -  Spinners
3.  Special lady  -  Ray, Goodman & Brown
4.  I can't tell you why  -  Eagles
5.  With you I'm born again  -  Billy Preston & Syreeta

6.  Heartbreaker  -  Pat Benatar
7.  You may be right  -  Billy Joel
8.  An American dream  -  The Dirty Band
9.  Come back  -  J.Geils Band
10. Don't cry for me Argentina  -  Festival
M A Y  17,  1980

1.  Call me  -  Blondie
2.  Ride like the wind  -  Christopher Cross
3.  Lost in love  -  Air Supply
4.  Fire Lake  -  Bob Segar & the Silver Bullet Band
5.  Sexy eyes  -  Dr. Hook

6.  Hold on to my love  -  Jimmy Ruffin
7.  Stomp!  -  The Brothers Johnson
8.  Pilot of the airwaves  -  Charlie Dore
9.  Inside of you  -  Ray, Goodman & Brown
10. Set me free  -  Utopia
J U N E  14,  1980

1.  Funkytown  -  Lipps, Inc.
2.  Against the wind  -  Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band
3.  Don't fall in love with a dreamer  -  Kenny Rogers & Kim Carnes
4.  Hurt so bad  -  Linda Ronstadt
5.  Cars  -  Gary Numan

6.  Brass in pocket (I'm special)  -  Pretenders
7.  Biggest part of me  -  Ambrosia
8.  She's out of my life  -  Michael Jackson
9.  Don't say good night (It's time for love)  -  The Isley Brothers
10. A lovers holiday  -  Change
J U L Y  12,  1980

1.  Coming up  -  Paul McCartney & Wings
2.  It's still rock'n'roll to me  -  Billy Joel
3.  The rose  -  Bette Middler
4.  Little Jeannie  -  Elton John
5.  Steal away  -  Robbie Dupree

6.  Cupid / I've loved you for a long time  -  Spinners
7.  Let me love you tonight  -  Pure Praire League
8.  Let's get serious  -  Jermaine Jackson
9.  Shining star  -  Manhattans
10. Tired of toein' the line  -  The S.O.S. Band
AUGUST  9,  1980

1.  Magic  -  Olivia Newton-John
2.  Emotional rescue  -  Rolling Stones
3.  Take your time (Do it right)  -  The S.O.S. Band
4.  Landlord  -  Gladys Knight & the Pips
5.  I'm alive  -  Electric Light Orchestra

6.  Let my love open the door  -  Pete Townsend
7.  More love  -  Kim Carnes
8.  Back together again  -  Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway
9.  Theme from 'New York, New York'  -  Frank Sinatra
10. In America  -  The Charlie Daniels Band
SEPTEMBER  13,  1980

1.  Sailing  -  Christopher  Cross
2.  Fame  -  Irene Cara
3.  Upside down  -  Diana Ross
4.  All out of love  -  Air Supply
5.  Late in the evening  -  Paul Simon

6.  Give me the night  -  George Benson
7.  Lookin' for love  -  Johnny Lee
8.  One in a million you  -  Larry Graham
9.  Take a little rhythm  -  Ali Thomson
10. Love the world away  -  Kenny Rogers
OCTOBER  18,  1980

1.  Another one bites the dust  -  Queen
2.  He's so shy  -  Pointer Sisters
3.  Xanadu  -  Olivia Newton-John & Electric Light Orchestra
4.  Drivin' my life away  -  Eddie Rabbit
5.  I'm alright  -  Kenny Loggins

6.  Never knew love like this before  -  Stephanie Mills
7.  Can't we try  -  Teddy Pendergrass
8.  First... be a woman  -  Leonore O'Malley
9.  You'll accomp'ny me  -  Bob Seger & the Silver Bullett Bandn
10. Missunderstanding  -  Genesis
NOVEMBER  8,  1980

1.  Woman in love  -  Barbra Streisand
2.  More than love can say  -  Leo Sayer
3.  The wanderer  -  Donna Summer
4.  Dreamer  -  Supertramp
5.  Real love  -  The Doobie Brothers

6.  I'm coming out  -  Diana Ross
7.  Jesse  -  Carly Simon
8.  Into the night  -  Benny Mardones
9.  Without your love - Roger Daltrey
10. All over the world  -  Electric Light Orchestra
DECEMBER  27,  1980

1.  (Just like) Starting over  -  John Lennon
2.  Lady  -  Kenny Rogers
3.  Master blaster (Jammin')  -  Stevie Wonder
4.  Hit me with your best shot  -  Pat Benatar
5.  Love on the rocks  -  Neil Diamond

6.  Hungry heart  -  Bruce Springsteen
7.  Everybody's got to learn sometime  -  The Korgis
8.  She's so cold  -  Rolling Stones
9.  Dreaming  -  Cliff Richard
10. Sequel  -  Harry Chapin

No comments:

Post a Comment